Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things I Love This Week: 9/29

  • The owner of the Segway company died in a Segway crash this past week. So sad, and yet…oh, the irony! [New York Times]
  • Remember the older version of Rose in Titanic? The one that threw the Heart of the Ocean back. Gloria Stuart, the actress that played her, died at the age of 100. This article gives some examples of her career—she was the oldest actor to ever to be nominated for an Academy Award at 87, and helped form the Screen Actors Guild in the 1930’s, among many other accomplishments. [BBC]
  • An analysis of the two and a half hour Facebook outage last week. I just love the Geekosystem quote: “Some Facebook users may be forced to roam the streets in tears, shoving photos of themselves in peoples’ faces and screaming, ‘DO YOU LIKE THIS? DO YOU??’” Which, ironically, is exactly what I did. [Newsy]
  • This video of two boys playing the Super Mario Bros. theme song on xylophone made my little geek heart happy :) [Youtube]
  • I’m in love with Media Storm. It’s not just really great in-depth journalism, but some incredible photography and videography. I was going to post a specific link, but there were way too many good stories, so instead I just recommend checking out the entire site. [Media Storm]
  • I love Steve Martin. Now he’s all into playing banjo, which is great and all, but I prefer his comedy side. So I love that the two sides mixed in this post on his website: October Tour Ideas Leaked! [Steve Martin]
  • A few people have posted this on Facebook, and Megan sent the link to me yesterday…I proceeded to cry through the entire thing. I want a pet lion. Or, as Megan said, “I want lion hugs!” Christian The Lion. [Youtube]
  • I am the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever, so of course I love things like this from NY Magazine: Hogwarts finally hooks up the internet. Too funny! I love all the attention to detail in the Facebook pages…even the ads! Love. [New York Magazine]

No comments:

Post a Comment