Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Things I Love This Week: 9/22

I’ve decided to turn this into a weekly thing, so I’ll try to post every Wednesday or so! Here’s what I love this week:

  • I’m a big fan of websites like MLIA and FML, so naturally I love the next funny site to come around: Dear Blank, Please Blank. People post funny miniature letters. For the most part, they are completely fictional. A couple of my favorites: “Dear Edward, This is why you were in Hufflepuff. Sincerely, The Sorting Hat.” and “Dear Billy Mays, Oxi Clean didn’t work. What now? Sincerely, Lady Macbeth.”
  • One of my friends on Facebook posted this gem about a week ago…Phil Davison, a candidate for treasurer in Stark County, OH, goes a little crazy. My favorite part is that people actually applauded at the end. Were they being polite? [Note: This video takes a minute or two to load. I would recommend pausing this video and letting it fully load…it’s much better without the constant ‘buffering’ pauses]
  • There’s an article on Flavorwire called The Terrible Pop-Song Relationship Advice Hall of Fame, which chronicles the awful dating advice we get from our favorite songs. 
  • For those It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia lovers out there…there is an entire Tumblr devoted to all things Sunny! From screen caps to information about the show and cast members…it’s not an official Tumblr for the show, but it’s still pretty dang awesome.
  • I listen to the “Answer Bitch” podcast, which is a bunch of answers to questions about Hollywood…but mostly because Leslie Gornstein is a riot. She also does a column for E! Online, and this one is one of the best…Did Anyone Ever Eat Lady Gaga’s Meat Dress? I mean, really…jerky?!
  • I’m pretty sure everybody and their mother has seen this by now, but just in case you haven’t, you must check out The Wilderness Downtown…it’s an interactive film created with Google Chrome, set to Arcade Fire’s “We Used To Wait”…and it’s pretty spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. The Terrible Pop-Song Relationship Advice Hall of Fame seems to have forgotten Backstreet Boys-As Long As You Love Me. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete