Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Things I Love Today

Here’s a few things that have caught my eye today…
  • I have spent the past hour looking at BBC’s travel section. I want to go to there…if you haven’t checked it out, do it! The photos alone are worth it.
  • I’ve always been strangely fascinated by stories of art thieves. Maybe it’s because it looks so cool in the movies…or maybe it’s because I’m secretly an art thief mastermind. You’ll never know! But the theft of Van Gogh’s ‘Poppy Flower’ painting in Cairo? Insane. Seriously…I’m baffled by how easily it was stolen. Museum security practically handed the painting over to the thieves!
  • I love reading Megan’s blog, Less Than Adventurous. If you want to follow her adventures in Washingtonland and see lots of fun pictures, follow her! Her latest post is all about Christmas, so it’s extra awesome. [edit: it's about Fall...but I saw mention of Christmas and got excited. Can you blame me?]
  • MSNBC always has interesting slideshows, and their latest is a collection of photos of summer memories. Plus the photo of Ocean City, NJ, directed me to this story on the real Jersey shore. 6 'Jersey Shore' Myths Debunked
  • FlavorWire listed the top 10 bookstores in the country…I am drooling.
  • I am a girl and that almost automatically means I love weddings. We can all thank the New York Times for fueling this love with their Weddings/Celebrations section. My favorite is the couple that met while working at the Bronx Zoo…and got married at Prospect Park Zoo! So cute.
  • If you’re looking for a complete time waster (which is exactly what I’m doing, of course) then the Amazing Fact Generator at Mental Floss will literally make you forget everything you are supposed to be doing right now.
Keep checking back for more posts like this one every few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment