Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Things I Love This Week: 10/6

  • Flavorwire has a gallery of 10 of the world’s most eye-catching offices. I want to work in the Google office…they have a slide. A slide! [Flavorwire]
  • A few old Wendy’s training videos have popped up on Youtube, in which they use made-up R&B songs to teach employees how to pour drinks, serve chili, and grill burgers. I like the one about how to serve cold drinks…but don’t miss the video on grilling in which the trainer wears a sequined shirt and gold specs… [Youtube]
  • Did you drop some food on the floor? Figure out if it’s still safe to eat in this flowchart [MyConfinedSpace via BuzzFeed]
  • Apparently in Saudi Arabia, where modesty is of huge importance, Mariah Carey is often photoshopped into less revealing outfits. Check out a few examples from throughout the years… [Jezebel]
  • Vanity Fair has a feature on the woman whose photo was made into the cover of Vampire Weekend’s newest album, Contra. Apparently she had no idea…fascinating (opinion: She should not fight it. That’s kind of a big deal, I’d just brag about it for the rest of my life) [Vanity Fair]
  • A writer for Jezebel decided to pull a stunt at New York Fashion Week: She dressed up a doll in the same outfit she wore and carried it around all day. People loved it…people believed it. Amazing. [Jezebel]
  • Fast Company ponders whether or not companies should allow their employees to take powernaps. Answer: Yes. I like sleep. [Fast Company]
  • For those of you who are still excited about yesterday’s massive storm (we skipped lecture and talked about this instead in my geo class today) here’s some photos, and also a bit about the two tornadoes that touched down in Bellemont this morning, just outside of Flagstaff [AZ Central]

Okay, one last thing: I am trying to expand the websites I check for my weekly posts, so if anybody has some interesting/entertaining websites they’d like to recommend, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment